Ways to diagnose Type 1 diabetes in children
- One of the earliest possible ways of detecting diabetes Type 1 in children is increased thirst and urination.
- Fatigue: Constant fatigue is another very important sign to look out for to detect diabetes type 1 in children.
- Changes in your vision: Increase in blood sugar level can alter vision.
Once it is clear that your child has diabetes, the next step is to look into a diabetes management plan.
Maintaining child’s health with Type 1 Diabetes:
The most important step once you identify diabetes in your children is to create a diet chart for diabetes. The diet plan for a diabetic patient is different from a normal person. Children are more carefree than adults therefore the diet for diabetic patient child should be easy to consume for the child as well as the guardian.
The diabetic diet is based on each child’s needs and the suggestions of the diabetologist.
Treatment goal for kids with diabetes is to control is the situation in a way that can help minimize the symptoms and other health problems.
To do this, parents/guardians and kids should aim of keeping blood sugar levels as close to normal as possible.
Consult a doctor before starting a meal plan!
The diabetic diet plan needs careful selection of the right meal choices.
Generally, kids who follow the Type 1 diabetes diet need to:
- Take insulin as mentioned by the diabetologist.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Look into the amount of carbohydrate intake.
- Make sure there is physical activity.
Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure for type 1 diabetes but the type 1 diabetes diet can help feel healthier and live a more productive lifestyle. The diet for diabetes can only help to control the problem from increasing further.
Recommended diabetic diet plan for Type 1 diabetes:
- The ideal diet for diabetes should include a lot of healthy food.
- Food for diabetics should be based on the age of the child, activities in a day and taste preferences.
- Food for diabetics should also be accommodating of special days like parties and holidays.
- This can be achieved with a thorough discussion with the child’s diabetologist.
Alternative herbal treatments/ vitamin supplements post consultation.
- The diet for diabetes can also be found in herbal supplements.
- The diabetic diet can be maintained with vitamin supplements and anti inflammatories.
- There are also a lot of herbal treatments available these days that can be considered for children with diabetes.
Keep a glucometer: A glucometer helps monitor and track blood glucose variations. You can keep a track of your child’s glucose pattern.
The diet plan for diabetic patient can be challenging but these changes can help to make things easier for a certain extent.