Preparation always makes your goals achievable. Tough entrance exams like JEE cannot be cleared if you do not have an exhaustive preparation plan for the same. Although one can give many attempts to clear these exams but if you prepare a plan for your studies you might clear it in first attempt. To prepare for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, one should start preparing at least a year or two before the exam date. If you will have sufficient time and a well organized study plan the chances to crack the exam will be higher. It is important to know that JEE exam is divided into two parts of JEE Mains and JEE advanced. Although both exams cover same subjects but have different difficulty levels. One must prepare for both in order to secure seat in IITs. And also check how to JEE main application form download pdf before you apply.
Here are few tips that will help you to chalk a preparation plan for cracking JEE:
- Get the fundamentals right: To run one must learn to walk first, similarly to get the in depth knowledge of any subject get the basics right first. To begin with reopen your class 12th textbooks that are considered to have fundamentals for higher studies. Get thorough with them and then opt for other reference books for preparing for JEE Mains Syllabus. The exams are designed to test the fundamentals of the students and how they apply these to solve a question paper
- Analyzing the syllabus: The JEE main syllabus and JEE advanced syllabus, both are very wide and difficult to prepare. If you wish to score well in both the exams all you need is to prepare the subjects and important topics according to the weightage they carry. The main topics that carry maximum weightage shall be your first priority followed by other topics.
- Revision: Once you have thoroughly prepared for the JEE Mains take a mock test to get an idea of the score you might get in the actual paper. Grill yourself time and again by using mock test papers of previous year’s exams. If you are preparing for JEE Mains 2016 referring to JEE mains answer key 2015 and grasping ways and methods to solve various questions will be very helpful.
- Time Management: The duration of the JEE Mains and Advanced is fixed and one must be prepared enough to complete the question paper in that given time limit. JEE Mains is of three hour duration with 90 multiple choice questions, divided into Physics, Chemistry and Math each section has 30 questions. For JEE advanced there are two papers of three hour duration for each paper. One must keep practicing to be able to finish the exam in time.
- Marking: You should also k now how the marking of both JEE Mains and Advanced is done to achieve a good score. For every incorrect answer 1/4th of the total marks allotted to the question will deducted. There will be no negative marking for any unanswered question. Negative marking can lower down your score significantly therefore you must be very careful while answering any question.
- Latest updates: JEE have changed its patterns, marking schemes and other related things in the past years. Therefore, it is utmost important that students keep themselves updated on any JEE Mains latest news. Get the correct and reliable information from the JEE website. The website keeps updating even the slightest change in the exam.
The tips listed above will help you in not only preparing for the JEE exam but also will help you in scoring a good rank for a successful carrier.